RE:Vision Effects, Inc. releases RE:FlexTM, a morphing and warping plugin set for After Effects 5.0.
RE:Flex brings intuitive morphing and warping directly to After Effects! Superior results are achieved using RE:Vision Effects’ proprietary and sophisticated technology. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses After Effects’ own drawing and masking tools to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface.
RE:Flex consists of two plugins, RE:Flex Warp and RE:Flex Morph.
Features common to both plugins:
* Warping is directed through After Effects mask geometries (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points!
* Geometries need not be closed shapes
* Smooth non-polygonal warping
* Matching geometries do not need to have the same number of control points
* Interactive warping is accomplished through After Effects’ interactive preview feature.
* 8 and 16 bits per channel support
RE:Flex Warp Features:
* Warping is directed using sets of “from” geometries and “to” geometries at each frame
* The amount of warping can be specified and animated
RE:Flex Morph Features:
* “Key images” are placed by the user along the timeline
* Morphing occurs by creating a set of geometry on the first key image, then moving the set to corresponding places on each of the successive key images
* Inbetween key images, the user can animate the geometries in order to achieve a non-constant speed of morphing
* Linear cross-dissolving of the warped images inbetween key images completes the morph
* If only one key image is specified, the user can animate a picture into motion using a single set of geometry.
RE:Flex is available for both Macintosh and Windows.
Through January 1, 2001 RE:Flex is offered at a special introductory price of $395.00, then will be regularly priced at $495.00.
Demo software, tutorials, example movies and purchasing details are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com