RE:Vision Effects, Inc. releases Twixtor 4.5 for eyeon Software’s Fusion.
RE:Vision Effects releases a major update to Twixtor, their popular retiming solution. Twixtor 4.5 is now available for Digital Fusion 4 and Fusion 5.
Twixtor 4.5 raises the bar in motion estimation. Nick Brooks, Academy Award and Emmy Award winner for visual effects says, “Twixtor 4.5 represents a new touchstone in retiming. The difference in accuracy means that retiming artifacts are either drastically reduced or disappear on the hardest to retime footage. ”
Twixtor 4.5 introduces a complete rewrite of its tracking from the previous version. Twixtor is much more accurate, tracks objects farther, and exhibits fewer artifacts when there are objects crossing in the scene. This means less tearing and stretching of objects as they cross or go out of the frame. Twixtor now includes a smart blending option for pans and zooms to prevent inappropriate streaking or weird artifacts at frame borders. Twixtor also adds an option to automatically enhance dark imagery or imagery with poorly defined edges. With the new features, many pieces of footage that were previously difficult to track become well behaved .
What’s new for Twixtor 4.5 for Fusion?
* Completely revamped tracking.
* Unclamped floating point image support.
* Contains an option to remove motion blur when slowing footage.
* Contains an option to automatically enhance dark imagery or imagery with poorly defined edges. In many cases, footage that was difficult to track becomes much more well-behaved upon retiming.
* Support for marking material so that Twixtor does not motion-interpolate inappropriately across a cut or other transition.
* Support for up to 3 foreground mattes for up to 4 layers of individual tracking. This is useful when crossing objects in a scene make tracking problematic.
* Motion Vector Import. Give Twixtor motion vectors generated elsewhere (for example, from a 3D system) to time remap footage, including adding motion-interpolated fields to otherwise progressive material. This feature is not recommended for DFX+ because it does not work in 16bpc or higher.
* Motion Vector Export. You can now output the motion vectors that Twixtor generates internally. This powerful feature comes with visual debugging modes to more intuitively assess and tune the quality of the motion estimation. The motion vectors can then be used elsewhere in the pipeline (including the Twixtor plugin that imports motion vectors). This feature is not recommended for DFX+ because it does not work in 16bpc or higher.
* Twixtor 4.5 is $695.00. Render-only nodes available for $165.00.
* Upgrades from version 3 for GUI licenses are $200. Render-only upgrades from version 3 are free.
* Volume pricing available. Contact email@example.com.
* Digital Fusion/DFX+ 4.04e or Fusion/DFX+ 5.01 or later.
Twixtor continues to be supported for Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Autodesk combustion, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Discreet Systems (sparks), Avid’s SoftImage|XSI, Apple’s Shake, Quantel and others. Demo versions, sample footage and tutorials are available on the RE:Vision Effects website: http://www.revisionfx.com .
Twixtor is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. eyeon Digital Fusion, Digital Fusion and Digital Fusion DFX+ are registered trademarks of eyeon Software Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.