RE:Vision Effects announces Twixtor 6 with GPU support for Sony Vegas Pro.
RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces Twixtor® 6 with GPU support for Sony® Vegas® Pro. Create highly engaging slow motion shots with Twixtor without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
Speedups up to 8x on GPUs when using Twixtor within Vegas Pro have been measured over running Twixtor in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards, although speedups of up to 5x have been measured on laptops. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
* Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d or later. 64-bit version required.
* Sony Movie Studio 11.0 and up. 64-bit version required.
* For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
* Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit.
* More detailed GPU info found at https://staging2.revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
Pricing and Availability
* Twixtor 6: $329.95
* Upgrade from version 5: $82.49
* Free upgrade to users who purchased Twixtor 5 for Vegas on or after Jan 1, 2014
* More info here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/pricing/#vegas
* Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com
Downloads and Tutorials:
* Demo versions available in the download section for each of the products: www.revisionfx.com/products/
* Tutorials: http://help.revisionfx.com/album/26/
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a registered trademark and DE:Flicker, DE:Noise, Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Flex, RE:Map, RE:Match, ReelSmart Motion Blur, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.