Version 5.0a | October 27, 2021
- Installer needed for Mac OS 12 (Monterey)
Version 5.0 | September 20, 2021
- Adds AE MFR support
- Adds support for M1 systems
- Now unlocked with RE:Fill license
Version 4.3.1 | January 14, 2019
- Fixes a bug of crashing when activating or deactivating the license from within a plug-in.
Version 4.3 | December 3, 2018
- Implements new RE:Vision Effects licensing scheme.
Version 4.2.1 | October 7, 2014
- Fixes a crashing bug
- Last version to support AE 7.0, CS3 and CS4 and PP CS4.
Version 4.2 | July 23, 2014
- Adds cross OS support with a single registration key.
- Fixes a bug in 16 and 32 bpc with Shade Shape when using Render Through Shape.
Version 4.1d (Mac) 4.1b (Win) | June 17, 2013
- Adds installer support for Adobe CC.
Version 4.1 | May 3, 2012
- Added changes necessary to work in Adobe CS6 applications
Version 4.0.2 | April 21, 2011
- Fixes a bug where Shade/Shape can crash.
- Adds installer support for Adobe CS5.5 products.
Version 4.0.1 | July 9, 2010
- Adds floating license capability for Effections floating license purchases.
Version 4.0 | May 11, 2010
- Added support for 64b for After Effects and Premiere CS5.
- Significant speed enhancements.
- Better error handling within Premiere.
- Adds an Ambient Map channel in Shade Normals plug-in.
Version 3.1.1 | June 16, 2009
- Fixed an issue with Render Through Shape mode (doesn't render as it used to, and was broken in 3.1,and now it is fixed).
Version 3.1 | May 7, 2009
- Fixed a memory leak when using bump mapping
- Fixed Issue with with improper edge behaviour when using reflection maps.
Version 3.0 | July 10, 2007
- Adds support for unclamped floating point processing in After Effects
- More Aggressive Multi-Threading for faster rendering
- Shade/Shape adds support for applying bump mapping after reflection mapping. In After Effects 7.0 and up, bump mapping can be applied using the current image with effects pre-applied over it in the same layer. For bump mapping, NONE now refers to the current buffer with effects applied and the named layer to the source before other effects are applied.
- Shade/Shape allows ambient and diffuse intensities to go below 0 for special effects (e.g.: shadow pass)
- Shade/Normals changes the behavior of -1 to 1 normals mapping in Shade From Normals for better handling of CG generated surface normals (this affects diffuse channel and reflection mapping), this combined with the Light Z direction going from -1 to 1 allow to do a complete light "rotation around the object"
- Shade/Normals adds edge detection support to produce better anti-aliasing for inner shapes boundaries
- Combustion and FCP will encounter problems loading old projects. FCP and combustion users will need to apply new instances of Shade/Shape to get the new features.
Version 2.5.2 | May 25, 2006
- Added Intel support for Final Cut Pro. Read about limitations.
Version 2.5.1 | February 14, 2006
- Fixed a problem where the Mac version of Shade Normals did not properly shade the normals.
Version 2.5 | January 24, 2006
- Previous version did not work at all within Final Cut Pro (it did not crash, but produced no shading results).
- Did not work properly in Digital Fusion. Fixed. Works in 16 bpc as an AE plugin in DF 4.04E +. or later.
- Notable speed increase on dual processor machines (many more functions within the plugin have been made multiprocessor aware).
- Macintosh users will see a significant improvement on G5 CPUs running Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger). On the Macintosh, make sure to delete the previous version of Shade/Shape in your plugins folder, because the name of the plugin files have been changed.
- Reflection mapping could crash the plugin when working in 16 bpc
- Motion now officially supported.
- Parameter names no longer truncated in GUI in some apps
- Render-only licensing available
- Option to use set alpha channel to that of the source sequence upon normal export
- Adds a Plugin to Add Rendering Effects from Surface Normals
Version 2.0 | May 9, 2003
- Projects that used 1.x versions of Shade/Shape will not work with 2.x. However, Shade/Shape 1.x and 2.x can reside in your plugins folder at the same time so that old projects will continue to work properly.
- Added 16-bit support
- The shape channel can now come from another channel other than the image sequence being processed
- A new output mode that works in conjunction with getting the shape information from a separate image sequence.
- New blend option that allows you to blend in some, or all, of the original image
- Fixed a bug that caused the Mac version to render black frames in Premiere 6.0.
- Fixed a bug that caused Windows version to crash in Projective Mode.
- Revamped to work in Discreet Combustion.
- Revamped to work in Premiere 6.0 or later.
- Fixes a bug that stops a render with many frames.
- Allows you to interrupt rendering, providing more interactivity with the application.