RE:Vision Effects updates RE:Flex with High Dynamic Range image support and a major performance upgrade for Adobe After Effects 7.0; other platforms also updated.
RE:Flex provides superior morphing and warping for After Effects. RE:Flex uses both open and closed splines for its free-form interface rather than a mesh-based solution. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses the After Effects’ own drawing and masking tools to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface.
RE:Flex is the first morphing solution that combines hand feature-matching with automatic image registration. After aligning the hand matched shapes, RE:Flex 3 uses the tracking found in Twixtor to automatically align the non-handmatched parts of the image; so in many cases less handwork is required.
WIth the release of RE:Flex 3.1, several new features are available.
* High Dynamic Range (floating point) image support when running within Adobe After Effects 7.0, Professional edition.
* RE:Flex 3.1 introduces a new temporally coherent warping technique which eliminates the jittery results users sometimes saw with RE:Flex even whentheir spline animations were obviously smooth. The new method is slightly more compute intensive, but can substantially improve the results on some animations. The previous method is still available; so older projects will render exactly as they previously did. In order to turn on the new method, users simply turn on the “Temporal Smooth” checkbox that is new to RE:Flex 3.1.
* Better auto-align behavior that is less jittery.
* Users of RE:Flex will see a significant speed boost within After Effects 7.0 on Macintosh G5 CPUs running Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger). Computation times have been reduced by approximately 25 to 35% on such machines (however, each project is different and speedup percentages will vary).
Availability and pricing:
* The RE:Flex 3.1 update is free for previous RE:Flex 3 users.
* The After Effects version is $595.00. Render-only licenses: $119.00.
* Upgrades from version 1 and 2 are priced at $89.95.
* Available for After Effects 5.0 or later, Mac OS X and WIndows.
* Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RE:Flex has also been updated to version 3.1 for Autodesk combustion and discreet systems, and eyeon software’s Fusion 5. An Apple Shake update is also planned. Demo material and software, along with pricing and exact compatibility for all versions of RE:Flex are available at www.revisionfx.com.
RE:Flex is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.