RE:Vision Effects releases ReelSmart Motion Blur v3.3, OpenFX version, with support for Nuke.
RE:Vision Effects announces the immediate availability of ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) v.3, OpenFX (OFX) version. ReelSmart Motion Blur applies more natural-looking motion blur to a video sequence by automatically tracking every pixel. RE:Vision Effects’ tracking technology is at the heart of ReelSmart Motion Blur, so there is no handwork involved. Users can add as little or as much blurring as is needed, and can even remove motion blur.
What’s new in version 3.3?
* This version adds support The Foundry’s Nuke and Toxik 2008. The OFX version of RSMB continues to support Assimilate Scratch. Other OFX hosts will be added to the list of supported applications once they are verified to work properly.
* With this release, the OFX version of RSMB now runs on Mac OS X, both 32 and 64 bit Linux, and continues to support for 32-bit Windows apps running on either 32-bit or 64-bit Win XP and Vista.
* Floating licensing is also new to this version of RSMB for OFX. This is the first RE:Vision Effects product to offer a true floating licensing option. Cheaper node-locked licenses are still available.
RSMB as an OFX plugin product comes with 2 plugins:
1) a plugin that automatically tracks every pixel in a sequence and blurs based on calculated motion. Some motion blur can also be removed. There is support for foreground and background separation using a specified matte for better tracking, when needed.
2) a plugin that adds or removes motion blur using existing motion vectors sequences (such as those coming from a 3D renderer).
Both plugins take full advantage of multiprocessors, and support unclamped floating point image processing when supported by the host application.
RE:Vision Effects’ motion vector format is supported by 3DStudio Max (as the Velocity Render Element), Cinema 4D, Iluminate Labs’s Turtle, SiTex’s Air via a renderman shader, XSI and Maya via a Mental Ray shader, RE:Vision Effects’ Twixtor Motion Vector Create tool, and others. The various methods of retrieving motion vectors are documented on the FAQ section of our website.
* The OFX version of RSMB is $189.95 for a full (GUI) node-locked license. Full (GUI) floating licenses are priced at $284.93.
* Render-only licenses for applications that support background (non GUI) rendering are available. Node-locked render-only licenses are $44.95, and floating render-only licenses are 67.43. Render-only licenses only renders projects saved with a full license, so your site must have at least one full (GUI) license for a render-only license to be useful.
* Volume discounts are available with a minimum purchase of 5 licenses.
RSMB continues to be supported in Adobe After Effects and Premiere, Apple Shake, Final Cut Pro, Motion (ppc only), BorisFX Red, Autodesk Combustion and Autodesk systems that support Sparks (Flame, Inferno, Smoke,…), Avid editing systems (Media Composer, Symphony,…), Softimage XSI, Quantel genQ, Eyeon Fusion and others.
Come by and get a demo in person at NAB, booth SL2128J, or download demo versions, example projects and movies, from the RE:Vision Effects website.
ReelSmart Motion Blur is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.